Monday, June 9, 2008



I just wanted to give you a taste of what the river next to my house looked like on an average day. It makes you want to stay inside, eh! Now I'm not saying that China is polluted but when you can't see the top of a five story building from the smog it may be time to address the issue.The picture on the right is of the river right beside my house. The building that you can barely see is on the edge of the city. I am not sure what the building is for but there is nothing really beyond it (not that you could see it even if there was)


This picture is of my apartment complex. There are about 120 buildings and I am in Number 13. They are only 5 stories high, but you can not really see the tops of the buildings clearly due to the pollution. The row of metal structures on the top of the building is solar powered water heaters. China obviously recognizes that there is an issue and these solar powered heaters are a positive move but the only problem is that when there is not enough sun you can't have a shower. You may be surprised by how often there is not enough sun!

No comments: